The Service Industry Division was created on 16 January 2010 for the purpose of regulating the development of the following industries
- Non-regulated Services
Promote balanced and competitive growth of non-regulated service industry and electronic commerce (e-commerce).
Domestic Trade is the foundation of High Income Economy.
- Develop the key domestic sector to be competitive, progressive and sustainable;
- The domestic economy is based on fair and innovative competition; and
- Develop trade ecosystems based on ethic and importance of consumer.
- Ensure the non-unregulated service sector is included as a focal point for the determination of the liberalization policy of the Ministry for the services sector in international negotiations;
- Control the development of convenience stores with foreign interests
- Develop and regulate e-commerce including making it focal point for cross border complaints for e-commerce; and
- Review and revise Malaysian Trustmark’s policies and mechanisms where KPDNKK acts as the lead agency.
SERVICE INDUSTRY DIVISION
Aras 9 (Menara), No. 13,
Persiaran Perdana, Presint 2,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
62623 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Tel :03-8882 6205
Fax :03-8882 6490