THE ESSENTIALS RISK MANAGEMENT & EFFECTIVELY APPLYING YOUR CONTRACTOR’S ALL RISKS (C.A.R) INSURANCE
Special focus on coverage and claims aspects
Course Overview :
Malaysia has seen an increase in large infrastructure and development projects coming up in recent years. This is not limited to buildings, roads and railway schemes. Key development areas will see further development work implemented over the next few years.
Along with this growth, the need for Construction-related insurances has grown steadily to cover such project risks.
This two-day intensive course comprising lectures and case studies will enable participants to gain sound technical knowledge of Risk Management and this Engineering insurance class to effectively appreciate this insurance product and coverage. Technical challenges of dealing with CAR claims aspects will also be addressed during this session facilitated by an experienced insurance risk engineer.
Flash Key Take Aways:
- Appreciate project risk issues
- Insurance as a Risk Transfer Mechanism
- Why insurance claims get rejected?
- Is litigation the way to challenge denied claims?
Key Learning Outcomes :
By the end of the programme, participants will know:
- the scope and coverage of the Contractors’ All Risks (CAR) policies.
- how Risk management techniques are used to better manage the project sites.
- the scope and application of the Contractors’ All Risks policy with the Erection All Risks policies, and highlight their similarities and key differences.
- the main claims conditions applicable to both types of policies and describe the typical claims handling process, as well as the role of the loss adjuster in dealing with complex claims.
- the various endorsements and clauses applicable to the class of policy.
- the steps involved in application of policy excess, salvage and “other insurance” in claims settlements.
• Overview of Engineering/ construction Insurance and types of available cover.
• What is covered?
• Who are the insured parties?
• Dealing with site Risk Management issues.
Trainer’s Profile Pooba Mahalingam
Pooba is a professional engineer (registered with Board of Engineers, Malaysia) with over 25 years of experience in construction, insurance and loss adjusting. He is currently based in Singapore and has dealt with construction, engineering and property risks and claims for various insurance companies and reinsurers. He was previously attached to a global claims management company in Singapore and was assigned to Christchurch, New Zealand as a member of the CAT loss team handling the 2011 earthquake claims. He also managed reinsurance claims for a regional Insurance company in Singapore where he dealt with complex engineering issues.
Pooba has previous experience working with an international loss adjusting firm in Kuala Lumpur where he was responsible for mega projects risk management and claims handling. This included the following large construction risks – KLIA, KLCC, KL Tower, LRT I & II, Sprint Highway and Smart Tunnel. He also gained further regional engineering exposure when he handled assignments in Brunei, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam and Hong Kong.
Having handled some high profile engineering/ construction cases in the past, he is a well-known presenter on project risks and claims handling procedures in the region. He conducts training for M.I.I, S.C.I, A.I.C.L.A, IEM, BCA and other regional bodies. He is actively involved in industry activities both in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
EARLY BIRD FEE @ RM2500 by 30 June 2018
TRAINING FEE @ RM2600 after 30 June 2018
GROUP FEE @ RM7350 for a group registration of 3 delegates from the same organisation
Date : 10 & 11 October 2018
Venue : PARKROYAL Hotel Kuala Lumpur